The Rescue Mission
Safe Overnight Shelter & Great Homemade Food!
The Rescue Mission serves hot homemade meals twice a day to ANYONE & everyone hungry downtown. Breakfast is at 6am and Dinner is at 6pm. Come early at 4pm for free clothes, snacks a warm shower.
- Safe Sober Shelter - We encourage sobriety for overnight guests only so we can support those who are recovering in our midst. Come at 4pm to request a bed. We've seen men arrive just one day sober who remain with us and are eventually free of addiction. Give it one day!
- Two Hot Homemade Meals a Day
- A Hot Box Where Bed Bugs are Removed From All Clothing & Backpacks
- Mail and Telephone Service
- Warm Showers with Hygiene Supplies (4pm Mon-Fri)
- Free Clothing, Blankets, Coats and Sleeping Bags (4pm Mon-Fri)
- Health Care Provided via our partners: North Country Healthcare
- Counseling and Recovery Support for Substance Abuse, Debt Management, Life Skills
- Veteran Support Services
- Voluntary Evening Chapel or an Opportunity for Recovery After Dinner
- Voluntary Long-Term Restoration: New Life Foundations Program
The Rescue Mission has been compassionately serving all in Jesus's name since 1957! Faith is not a requirement for services rendered.
The Mission rescues over 72 Tons of food a year and prepares over 65,000 meals for residents at The Mission, Hope Cottage and Sanctuary House. Food is "rescued" from local grocery stores, items close to expiration. Instead of this food landing in local dumpsters, we feed thousands. We are deeply grateful for the donated food that sustains this work.
The Corner helping with Thanksgiving Food Boxes. Over 500 people get a Thanksgiving dinner through the food boxes alone. There is also a big dinner served for our neighbors experiencing homelessness or anyone without a place to go.
New Life Foundations
A voluntary long-term, faith-based recovery and restoration program. A time of resting in the arms of Christ and re-discovering your life's greater purpose.
The New Life Foundations Program is a twelve-eighteen month intensive, faith-based restoration program. This is a voluntary program designed for those who want to experience the radical love of Jesus and a renewed hope for the future. Participants take part in daily classes that include Spiritual Life Formation, Healing & Restoration, Celebrate Recovery, Jobs for Life, Conflict Resolution, Spiritual Warfare. Job Training Programs are also part of the program. Ideally, each disciple will be given a Mentor that will be asked to SUPPORT the participant physically, mentally and spiritually. We believe that faith in action with the healthy mentorship of education and tools, re-engage an individual for life! After 6-9 months in the program, disciples will begin searching for employment to become fully re-engaged with our community. Some men may graduate to the Sanctuary House for Spiritual Life Formation, Healing and Destiny.
Find the Rescue mission - Join us for dinner at 6pm
Come early at 4pm to request a bed overnight and take a warm shower! All are welcome for meals. Men are welcome for overnight stays.